Once you have a reader hooked on your characters, your writing style, the world you have created… they will keep coming back. The trick is getting their attention in the first place!
One way to do this, is to rack up high quality reviews on book blogs, Amazon, Goodreads, and other major platforms. Every review counts as a veto for or against your book. Soon enough, more readers want to get a whiff of what they’re missing out on.
If you’re interested in getting your work read and reviewed by our team, then submit your books via the guidelines below.
How to Submit
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your subject line should say: PITCH REVIEW BOOK SHADOW: [insert working title here].
- Include a bio of 25 words or less to be included with our review of your book. Bios should be written in third person.
- Tell us briefly about the book you want reviewed, and provide an estimate of the word count.
- If your pitch is accepted, then we will provide you with a quote. Clients on retainers do not pay to have their books reviewed.
- Submit payment via PayPal at email@example.com.
- We will purchase a copy of your book for review, and notify you when it is ready for publishing.
- Book must have been professionally edited and/or edited by someone other than the author.
- Book must be written in past tense.
- Book must have a high quality book cover design.
- Book may be independently published, self-published, or traditionally published.
- We are especially interested in books that fall in the categories of historical, spy, adventure, mystery, murder, suspense thriller, fantasy, and science fiction.
- We are not currently interested in reviewing non-fiction, or erotica.
What to Expect
- Not all submissions will be accepted, but you can expect a response in 7 days or less.
- We schedule book readings and reviews based on availability, on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Your book review will be published on our blog, and shared on our social media pages. We will also post the review on Amazon, Goodreads, and Quora.
- If we really love your book, we will supply a complementary copy to other book review websites we know, at no additional cost to you.
- If we read your book and plan to rate it at 3 stars or less, we will let you decide whether or not we should publish the review. If you decide not to have your review published for this reason, we will refund you 10 per cent of the money paid for the review.
- Book review prices will range from as little as $20 per book to a max of $100, depending on the length of the book. Clients on retainers do not pay to have their books reviewed.
- We make our decisions on a book by book basis, so if we reject your book, feel free to pitch us another one.
Incomplete submissions, and submissions which do not meet these guidelines, will be rejected. All reviews are provided by Shadow the PR Cat, and edited by Alexis Chateau.